If you are a tutor, there are a number of things you can do in order to increase the probability of being contacted by students potentially interested in your teaching:
At the moment of registration
After your email address has been confirmed
- Write a detailed and comprehensive profile description, with important facts about your curriculum vitae, including your qualifications and experience, so that students can have a clear idea about who you are and your competences.
- Make sure your fee (expressed in US dollars) is competitive.
- Offer your first lesson for free in order to establish trust and encourage students to try your services.
- If you have a web site or a page in a social network, include the relevant link in your TL profile.
- If you have a video presentation in YouTube, include the relevant link in your TL profile.
- Include a picture in your profile, with your face clearly visible (landscapes and objects are not allowed). Note that only users with a valid picture are shown in the facewall view of the 'find tutors' page.
- Include a short vocal presentation (mp3 file) in your profile. This is very important to demonstrate that you have a good pronunciation especially if the language you will be using in teaching is not your native one (see Audio and video presentations).
- Share your personal profile page in social networks and other quality websites.
At any time after your registration
By buying a Premium subscription (for 10 US$
), you become a 'Premium' user and have, for 1 month
, the following advantages:
- the capability to contact up to 10 users per day (non-Premium users cannot initiate new contacts with other users, they can only respond to requests);
- priority in the 'find tutors' and 'find students' result pages.
The table below summarizes the three types of user and the features they can access:
|Search and browse tutors and students|
|Be found by other users|
|Respond to contacts from other users|
|Contact other users (max 10 per day)|
|Priority in the "Find tutors" and "Find students" search results|
From time to time, browse the find students and find tutoring requests pages and see if there are students matching your offering. In that case you may contact them.
Be aware of the fact that if no students are contacting you, this may depend on the quality and competitiveness of your profile, which may not be appealing enough.
In conclusion: make sure you have a comprehensive and competitive profile, and use social networks to advertise yourself and Tutors-Live..
See also: How Tutors-Live Works, Getting Started as student, Getting Started as tutor, Frequently Asked Questions